MIFTAH's Programmes & Projects
Democracy and Good Governance
- Empowerment of Palestinian Women Leadership
- Supporting Young Palestinian Women Leadership: Promoting Women’s Voices
- Supporting Young Palestinian Women Political Leaders:
UNSCR 1325 in Action – Realizing UNDP’s 8 points Agenda
- The development of local communities in the districts of Jerusalem and Jordan Valley through small income –generating projects for women in rural areas (Phase Three)
- Empowerment of Palestinian Youth Leadership
- Fostering Dialogue on Statehood among Palestinian Youth
- Community Development
- Fostering Community Change in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
- Policy Formulation
- Ensure the Legislative Environment Supporting the Reduction of gender-based violence through working on MDG3
- Elections Support
- Support of Local Municipal Elections 2011
- Gender Responsive Budget
Media and Information
- Information and Informatics
- A web site in English and Arabic that offers analytical examination of the Palestinian - Israeli conflict as well as issues of Palestinian concern, in addition to fact sheets, reports and special studies.
- Intensive media activity on particularly pressing issues through interviews, commentary, and targeted press releases and briefings.
- Networking and coordination with media institutions at the local and international levels.
- Timely statements and petitions.
- Media Monitoring Unit
- Monitoring Palestinian Media.
- Research and advocacy activities aiming to reduce incitement, dehumanization and delegitimization of "the other"
- Educating the public to become more critical media consumers
- Fostering professionalism in the Palestinian media